Wednesday 18 June 2014

Work in progress

The Scale-Replicas.com Mini Bottle Stand being designed in SketchUp

Whilst we are putting the finishing touches to the Scale Replicas online shop, (who knew there would be so many 'I's to dot and 'T's to cross) I can take the opportunity to mention some of the ideas we are working on.

Today, I'm going to introduce you to the 'Mini Bottle Stand' (as seen above). This is a view of it taking shape in SketchUp.

This bottle/tin stand, and it's big brother, are intended to help avoid accidental spillage of paints and glues. The 'Mini' is designed to have a smaller footprint and so take up less space on your workbench.

Unlike the regular bottle stand we offer, the 'Mini' is a stand alone item and is not designed to stack.

At the moment, I have not finalised my choice of materials. The parts will be laser cut, but it may be done in laser grade plywood, or an acrylic. Not sure yet! If you have any thoughts, why not drop me an email to ian@scale-replicas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment